COVID-19 Global Sentiment
Wave 1: COVID-19
March 2 – March 12th, 2020
COVID-19 Consumer Report provides an overview of:
- When people expect the Coronavirus will no longer be a health issue in their country.
- What percentage of the population do not believe ‘there is really any issue today.’
- Unaided what people have stopped doing in the wake of COVID 19.
- Consumer intentions around travel, restaurant visits, events, shopping and getting together in the next 3 months.
- The impact of the virus and day to day realities on people’s lifestyle with comparisons to the 2008 recession for context.
People’s perception of when COVID-19 will no longer be a concern
Based on n=8000 interviews, the average global perceived end date of the immediate impact of COVID-19 is July 30th, with significant variance between countries.
Percentage of people that believe that Coronavirus ‘is really not an issue today’
As of March 11th, 19% of consumers feel that COVID-19 does not have a significant impact on their daily lives.
What have you stopped doing due to Coronavirus? (Unaided)
As of March 11th, 75% of Australians, 85% of US citizens, 55% of Canadians have not stopped doing anything as a result of Coronavirus.
Consumer intentions – next 3 months
The greatest impact on travel will be suppressing travel outside of people’s country, but there will also be significantly less travel outside of state/province, city and even outside of home. There will also be significant impact on visitation to restaurants/bars, physical activity outside of the home & getting together with friends and family.